CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 13, 2007

Gender Roles in a Family

Hello readers... or the lack of it!!!,

Its been an eventful month so far!! Very eventful indeed!
Well, it seems everyone is loving someone, is getting married or engaged...
But there is one issue that I'm yet to get over, it is Gender roles in a home.

As I said everyone including myself is in like, strong like, in love, or in denial. Actually, I have decided that "I am on the "L" bridge, on one end lies 'like' & on the other end, lies 'love'; I'm in the middle". Okay having established this fact, lets get to the koko of this posting, already.

Several guys, I have come to know, are working very hard to take care of their households. Mind you, many of these guys are unmarried, they are preparing in advance.

While this might be a very important and maybe enviable thing to do, sometimes I don't understand it. Is the man "preparing" because he expects his wife to come empty-handed? Does he expect to do the "work" all by himself?
I totally understand that a man is the breadwinner of the home, and S explained that its like, the man goes to the farm and brings the raw food, when he gets home, his wife cooks it and caters to him. I forgot to tell him that women have gone and can go to the farm too.

Point made. The koko of the matter is "all the work" men put in; to ensure comfort in a home. Is there a lot of pressure (unneccessary pressure) on the man? Who has put this pressure on him? Should the pressure remain?

I'd really like to hear your feedback, Thank you

5 peculiar people said...:

BabaAlaye said...

Nice Blog. I like the angle you write from. Very fresh and different.Me likes!!!

There's always gonna be pressure on the Man to provide but that's the thrill of life. We don't realsise the pressure is the thrill until we're too old to be pressured and we start feeling empty. It's only then we look back and realise we miss the pressure.

dScR?Be said...

thanks for reading, babaalaye. Truly appreciate

The Cunning Linguist said...

pressure on the man? puh - leeze! when i work i work for myself. aint nobody goin' pressurize to do their providin'!

The Cunning Linguist said...

by the way who's the special guy that you've-gone-past-like-but-not-reached-love-yet?

Skinny Hipster... said...

"strong like" thats pretty Hilarious!! Nwando you and your views I totally dig what you are saying. HEll yea there is a lot of pressure from everyone. According to society, a man is meant to cater for his family, but you are right...that does not mean that the husband should do all the work. You also know that a man does not want to feel weak, or that he cannot provide for his family you know, but no the pressure should not remain. I really think that it depends of the situation though. TIRED of typing will ttyl Ciao!!