CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

the GIFT of a man...

See many times, you and I get caught up with -

Wishing we had this and
Wanting to do this or
Be that

Only because

They have, She does or He is

I have decided that

My gift will make room for me
Just as the Bible says...

______________________________

You know my conclusion as to why I can get jealous sometimes?
Simple. (I'm sooooo working on it)

1. I may not love myself enough. See, when you love urself and God wayyyy beyond anything, you will love others too. Now what does loving others have to with anything?
Love conquers ALL. If I love you, I won't even think of myself when you have something that could make me jealous... make sense?

2. My flesh is not totally dead yet. Flesh = Sin, jealousy is a sin... Just like sometimes situations or people make you lie, same thing for jealousy.
For instance, Have you ever been in a situation where you feel like someone just shoves stuff in your face, knowingly or not? As in... you could swear the person was doing it intentionally. For example again... lol,

Two weeks ago
A: Wow, I'm getting old oh and I'm not even married... I need help
B: Eyah.. don't worry, God's time is the best. What is Fred saying now?
A: Fred? mehn, don't mind him oh, he's still taking his time

On Thursday
B: (to A, gesticulating and all) Oh my Gosh!!! A, Philip proposed!!!! Like geezzz, I was sooo freaking out when he got on my knees.. BAM look at my diamond!!!!! It shines!!! I love Philip so much, he's like the perfect guy... after only 3 mnths, he proposed... wow! I'm so happy
A: Wow, i'm happy for you too oh
B: Yes, thanks and we're flying to Paris for a small wedding so you can't even come... chai, but there'll be a small get together when we come back
A: Thats nice
B: I'm soooo happy and to think i'm just 22... God is soo good, wow... when i look at how many of my mates, mehn bla bla bla (voice trailing off.....)

If your flesh is dead in this situation, TRUST ME you wudn't even think about it to feel pity on urself...

I'll be back

5 peculiar people said...:

Skinny Hipster... said...

LMAO...........Nneka you've done it again. We must pray for the flesh is weak!!!!

Skinny Hipster... said...

and oh yea you and this marriage situation, na wa o!!!

dScR?Be said...

please....
God knew what He said, when He said, it is not good for man to be alone... hehehehe... in this case - Woman

Chizoba said...

Really swell post. ha! Read abt whatshername and Phillip? My flesh is soooooooooo alive - not dead at all.

Loved it. waiting for more.

Initium said...

When it comes to marriage, so many people are afraid of missing out, but if we steep ourselves in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions, we'll find all our everyday human concerns will be met (Luke 12: 29-32, from the Message). All the best!