CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 28, 2007

HaRaJuKu StYlE...

Wish I had pictures to show y'all... HARAJUKU STYLE brought to you by Kelz and Neef was OFF THE CHAIN if you ask me!!

At the end of it, I thought I was going to cry!! She actually pulled it off. It was a huge success in that It actually held and people actually showed up and the models actually modeled and the dj was actually off the hook and people actually enjoyed the night.

Who would have thought? After ALL the hassles, doubt, harsh talk, silent beef, more doubt... who would have thought that this would be possible.
I learnt a HUGE lesson tonight, if you are determined to do something, with the right kind of support from God and whoever He sends, you CAN do it!!

Lets look at it this OTHER way: Young Diva's (Neef, but I love to call her Seun) first project was well, a first project like any other first project - lots of hitches, lil' bit of in-house disorganization, financial mishaps,etc etc... Depending on the set measurement of success, maybe even conviction of negative variation.
But i must commend my young friend because many just think of ideas but never implement them for fear of failure... or whatever else

Now to things that were done but could be done better next time (I truly learnt A LOT tonight)
- Firstly, draw up a tentative budget, including space for miscellaneous charges. Make sure your budget covers as much as possible and is feasible. Then, draw up capital and have cash in hand before proceeding.
- Secondly, be on the same page as your co-organizer ALWAYS!!
Preferably organize face to face meetings to ensure full clarity and do not implement changes without conferencing with your co-organizer.
- Thirdly, delegate ALL responsibilities beforehand and always have a back-up plan. Arrange for dedicated go-fers and reliable partners.
- Fourthly, to avoid an estranged situation, always maintain a positive attitude.
- Fifthly, if you try a certain tactic and the results are not favorable, try something else.
- Sixthly, Do not trust anyone entirely, make alternative arrangement. Strive for the best and don't totally expect the best from everyone.
- Lastly, smile, and be happy.

My dearest girl, I know you're going to read this... This is a BEAUTIFUL start for you and I know you are on to much GREATER THINGS... I can see it in your biography already...
" Her first production was Harajuku Stlye in July, 2007. This lovely lady has shattered the bars of fashion, modeling and fashion, she is enterprising, ambitious, focused, dedicated, aggressive, ............."

I'm off the sleep... gnite bville!

8 peculiar people said...:

Skinny Hipster... said...

awwwwwwwwwww Love of my life........thanks really appreciate everything.......we learn and we grow.....we make mistakes and we AVOID making it again........I love you for your support. encouragement, love, friendship, and most importantly for the Confidence you have in me!!!! Gosh I love you.........Thanks be to God!!!

Cant wait Aug. 25th!~

dScR?Be said...

ABI OH Aunty, Thanks be to God!!!
We need 2 put some $$ aside for blowing up pictures, if u don't mind...

dScR?Be said...

oh, and I'm NOT the love of ur life oh abeg!! I don't want anyone giving me d evil eye the day after they "randomly stumble" on ur comment!!!

Cheetarah said...

Just checking up on my winner, any record deals yet? and when ur cd due? huh huh?

Skinny Hipster... said...

lmao......Nwando your tooo funny!!!!!!! "The love of my life" is NOT present...you are kinda filling that gap until he resumes his position...hehehhe

dScR?Be said...

hummmm!!!! I don't want wahala oh!!

Style Stalker said...

Very well said - - - - > "many just think of ideas but never implement them for fear of failure..."

I love your blog!

dScR?Be said...

Why thanks, Azumi...
**using my British accent and curtsying**