CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

My MuSt ReAd!!

In five minutes, Fathers Day 2007 will be over...

I have lots of thots going thru my head with regards to everything going on in my life now. I've been watching TBN for a couple of hours - their Father's Day show and LOTS of things are coming to mind plus I just read Chidi's last posting (shes an excellent blogger) and more things are buggin me.

Okay so Myles Munroe was talking about the importance of a Father and in many ways I could relate cos I have the BEST FATHER in the World!!!! HANDS DOWN...
He's the hottest, the funniest, the sexiest, the most focused man I know. He is a planner, you know the kind of person u'll look at and go, "wow, he's really wealthy" just because of the way he carries himself and plans his life. He such an encourager, very very understanding too.

My Father is a spiritual head also, he doesn't play with God, prayer, religion, spirituality and he's a health freak, man... always tryna put someborri on a diet. Oh and the man can TALK!!! He does a good imitation of EVERYBODY!! He's just sooooo coool, never a dull moment even in down times. I LOVE MY POPS MEHN!!! Espeacially his little talks, sorry not little cos oh boy no dey talk for few minutes, I think I got my talking skills, humor and singing skills from him. He used to sing in a band when he was younger apparently he was a baller. He paints and has a whole scrapbook full of newspaper cartoons that he did for major newspapers when he was in college. He's always been down 2 earth, a hard worker too.

Did I mention he's hawt?? Yeah, by the way I look just like him (thats what everybody says). He's a dresser too mehn, the guy is just too much.... too much.

The way he toasted momsie....
See my moms loves COKE, as in if u need 2 bribe the lady, give her coke... I know, I don't get it either, I mean how can smn love coke so much? But anyhoo, while she was at Uniben when popsie was toasting her... u know now, at first she was fronting, she and her cousin dissed him very well cos. they said he used 2 feel as if he was all that... and momsie too is a hawt mama, yellow boys were toasting her that time too. Anyway oh... so whenever popsie is coming to visit as per, he was a baller, he would buy a crate of coke and some Plymouth bread -- a famous bread (comes in rolls) that momsie absolutely loved (they still make it oh, me i don chop am the thing sweet) She ALWAYS had a crate of coke under her bed in college. Mehn, the tin dey trip me as in 9ja toasting levels.

Nway.... the main reason why i started to write this blog is cos.... (okay, brace urself guys some of u are gonna be disgusted...)
Its really because I feel ready to be married. I mean no pressure but at some point I started feeling like what else is there to do? I mean, I know like self deevlopment and bla bla but its the same ball game, same challenge, nothing new to look 4ward to. Oh I have been laughed at because I'm one of those very erm... "4 marriage only" people and I haven't been in anything serious for fear of God-knows-what, so its kinda like... "marriage??? girl, u are not ready". Well maybe I don't act or seem ready, deep in my mind I am...
Yeah, bla bla marriage is bla bla bla... who really knows first hand until they get into it. Experience is the best teacher. My parents are 10 years apart and they are IN LOVE with each other, its sooo mushy its almost annonying. Momsie married at 23 or so and she met him like 5 0r more years b4.....

Marriage whether early, late or otherwise WORKS! For me though, its the earlier the better. I am such a huge believer in marriage I bet it pisses people off. There are certain things I think couples will do better as opposed to things done single handedly.

So I wonder... as much as I love my pops, will I compare him with every dude that tries 2 talk to me? And if I the dude doesn't gimme as much attention as my pops does (even in d toasting stage) will i run away?? Hmmmmmm.....?????

I've decided to chill though, because right after graduation last year (I was 20) I said I was going to be married by the end of this year (LOL, na magic??).
By the beginning of this year, I was like okay, God just show me the person at least cos. with this whole Masters runs of course I can't pull it off, so lemme just meet the person.
Now, I'm at the "whatever" stage. Jesus take the wheel!!

Oh and nobody should even judge me oh!!! I know I'm still young but LEAVE me!! Everybody's path in life is different!! We all make DIFFERENT choices and its not up to any one man to say whats right or wrong (Only God and Jesus and Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible) and that goes for everythang!! Thanks for reading and please keep voting the Scribe and please help me pray that my voice will be restored. Thanks....

6 peculiar people said...:

Freaksho said...

deep.like waaaay deep.
...but well writ.it must run in the family.

BlogVille Idol said...

there is a message for u on our page

BlogVille Idol said...

Very interesting. Marriage is not something one jumps into ooo. It's like a train that the peeps inside wanna come out adn the peeps outside wanna go in (like you)...lol! Judging from your profile, you're still 21. Do you have a good job yet? Are you still living with ya parents.

Babes, it's a changing world out there. Things no longer work in the 'old-fashioned way' of the guys MUST provide.

But in case you find HIM, just give me a shot, ayt?! So i can celebrate with you!

Mimi said...

awwwww babe. i totally understand you. i am in my early twenties as well.

and i feel prepared for marriage. i am a 'totally 4 marriage' person too. i have always been.

actually been in a relationship for 4 years now, and i'm just waiting to finish all these education nonsense, but then at the same time, dont wanna rush into marriage like that, but i get you sha.

BlogVille Idol said...

hey get ur song in now!tanx

laspapi said...

Scribe, this was interesting. There's no moment of "absolute certainty" in such matters, but whatever you want, be sure you do not test the depths of water with both feet.