CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

SONG 1...

sweaty palms, cranky nerves, heart racing fast, locked in my room, solitary.
To face this alone...
This journey I started by myself,
the day I typed those words "I want in"
...
Sweaty palms, all of a sudden (well not quite)
I have phelgm...lots of it, in my throat

My family knows this song.
Used to be my mom's personal favorite
Until she heard -
"Behold he comes, riding on the clouds..."
Ozaveshe heard me sing this
When I was about 14, maybe 15
I thought about him, while I was trying to decide what song to sing

No, actually I thought about another cousin
who wedded traditionally today
Then I thot of OZ, then this song came to mind...

Hoping its favourable, hoping I don't mess it up,
hoping voters, judges, everyone can relate, can vote.... for it, for me...

"Let the son of God enfold with His spirit and His love..."

15 peculiar people said...:

Anonymous said...

hey gal..u havent got up ur voice player?

BlogVille Idol said...

hey gal we have received ur song and you will be able to hear it on tuesday morning....get ur fans and friends to vote 4 you..Good luck

diary of a G said...

remember the first contestants to go will forever hold their head in shame
and lucky if they don't tarnish
their name
so
if you can't sang best stick to blogging
its not too late to drop off the contest
but
good luck
not

Admin UD said...

Here is wishing yu all the best, babes. Go do ya thang. no long thing!

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

please hate not!!!!!! diary of a g!! someone's going to overwhelm and topple u!!

Anonymous said...

yay!u got ur voice player up

Anonymous said...

i like the poem sister..u go gurl

EDNUTEY said...

heyyyyyyyyyyyy fellow contestant
just dropping by to show some luv
goodluck with the contest

Mimi said...

hi babe. now i'm eager to hear your song! good luck hun.

dScR?Be said...

E DON HAPPEN OH!!! Voting has begun... I have 2 step my skills UP A NOTCH!!!
Fact: 9ja people DO NOT play with competitions of any sort...
Laters homies

The Cunning Linguist said...

i remeber hering you singing it. 7 years? i didnt think it was that long ago...
I remember the gooseflesh crawling from my arm, up my neck as you sang. i remember the hot flush exploding in my face when you reached some part...
just do what you did 7 years ago
and of course you're going to win

BlogVille Idol said...

TANX FOR SINGING IN THE CONTEST WE REALLY APPRECIATE...PLS DONT FORGET TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FANS TO VOTE FOR YOU..YOU WILL BE GETTING THE RESULT ON THURSDAY

lost-not yet found said...

scribe...
thanx for dropping by... Ur post reminded me of something i scribbled once... I will put it up 4 u one of these days..
By the way, do i know u? do u wear glasses and play the piano?

BlogVille Idol said...

DEAR CONTESTANTS ,PLEASE GO TO OUR PAGE NOW TO SEE IF U ARE STILL IN D RUNNING TOWARDS BECOMING BLOGVILLES 1ST IDOL...LISTEN TO THE ANOUNCEMENT ON THE VOICE PLAYER...A POST SHOWING WHO IS STILL IN THE COMPETITION WILL BE POSTED SOON ....PLS IF U SEE U HAVE NOT BEEN ELIMINATED ABEG RECORD UR 9JA SONG IMMEDIATELY,OR AS SOON AS U CAN!!!DELAYS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED THIS TIME...PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

Admin UD said...

Congratulations on making it to next round. Your jump from bottom to top was gigantic. Here's a fan wishing you all da best!